Wet Working Wednesday


It really is a very Wet Wednesday here. The truck you see in the picture belongs to the poor guys who are clearing up the burnt out sheds from the fire. I am very impressed that they even turned up today because it is foul out there.


 I have this recent acquisition to brighten my day. It has been out for a while, this being the paperback version.  I discovered this ladies work when a friend lent me her copy of the book. I was so impressed I had to get my own.
Here are some colourful images from it to brighten your/my day.



What particularly interested me was the authors "engineered" quilts, one of which you can see below.


Pieces are worked on separately and then "engineered" together to make a bigger quilt. I suppose it is a bit like Quilt As You Go but taken a step further.


I have taken this idea on board in the construction of my Festival of Quilts piece. The thought of working on one big Art Quilt made me very apprehensive so I am adopting the engineered approach so that I can work on each bit individually. I plan to put a lot of stitching into it and it will be easier to work section by section. I hope it works out.


As you can see I have been making some progress and have got most of the pieces I need painted.

If you would like to learn a bit more about Yoshiko Jinzenji, follow the link.

Comments

  1. Thanks for sahiring. I have another book of her's that I find utterly isnpiring. Its wet and dull here in Gloucestershire aswell!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for showing this book, a quick visit to Amazon and it's on the way to me!
    I love the colours you are working with:))

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I do try to respond to each one but
if you do not hear from me it is probably because you are a "no reply blogger".

Popular Posts