Speaking of Books


I hadn't planned this post would be about books (again) but I have finally got around to finishing a journal based on the Remains of the Day ecourse.


The was made by cutting up an Ikea cushion cover that had seen better days and mashing it up with other bits and pieces on the embellisher.  I added minimal stitching.


The pages are made up with a selection of stuff/emphemera whatever you would like to call it...


...and paper towel pages.
And because I like the fact that I have learnt how to do mosaics here is another one.



...and speaking of books...



...this arrived in the post this week from a very generous blog friend...along with this...



...which is coming to Portugal with me, as that is where I am off next week with 14 old college friends who are all celebrating a special birthday this year. Have a lovely Easter and see you when I get back.

Comments

  1. Love your journal cover, something I haven't tried yet.
    What a wonderful gift and fabric, very special friend. I hope you have a wonderful time on your trip and look forward to seeing photos.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the recycling book!! I'm thinking of getting an embellisher, it looks like fun being able to use all kinds of fibre. Enjoy your Portugese reunion!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I do try to respond to each one but
if you do not hear from me it is probably because you are a "no reply blogger".

Popular Posts